BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 25, 2009

25th of May

Greetings. I've skipped lots of post due to my laziness. Never mind , I'll summarize it date by date if i still remember what I've done :)

21th Of May- As Usual .. attend classes in the morning and flying after lunch . Today, i suppose to fly 1 hour mutual and 1 hour solo but something changed and occur during our training. 1P.M sign aircraft technical log and authorization sheets. Me and my room mate HUZAINI done all those pre-flight checks and finally line up runway 08 with 9M-APV at 1:20P.M. I was PIC during the first flight and Huzaini will be PIC after me. During my flight, everything goes normal. just the fuel pressure was slightly below than what v used to fly with, but it still within a GREEN ARCH in the indicator. As i said, after my flight done Huzaini changed seat with me on the ground. We took off as usual . after passing 300ft Flaps up, landing lights off and fuel pump off. 500ft right turn out and proceed to our training area BOVI we been told to climb 2000ft initially so we comply with ATC instructions. During climb, we check our engine instrument and found out fuel pressure are lower then my flight and almost to the critical zone. Huzaini ask me to switch on the fuel pump. PA28-161 have 2 fuel pump 1 one driven by engine and another one is electrically driven also what we call an emergency fuel pump. The electrical fuel pump was switched on. we can see the fuel pressure coming up again. Huzaini asked me to switch off the elecrical fuel pump because prolong of the usage may damage the engine driven fuel pump. I called out fuel pump off check fuel pressure. Huzaini said it's coming down again, let's go back. GOOD IDEA i said. he request rejoin and head back to the airport with fuel pump on. After we land, we called our maintainance JAZE to check what happen with the aircraft. What happen to our aircraft ? ask me personally.

22th of May- Today schedule says that me and FITRI go night flying and of course with instructors. 1 bad news for us is 9M-APV's (the aircraft i flew on 21th of May) alternator are not serviceable and she was grounded. So after morning classes, we can go back to our so called hostel and have some rest. i took a long nap was about 4 hours, woke up 4PM and head to the hanger at 5PM. Fitri go for the 1st sorty of night flying today. i request my instructor to join the flight as a passenger behind and take video. My CAM skills are sucks anyway show u the video below.

0 comments: